AmeriPath, Inc., a Quest Diagnostics Company, is one of the leading AP practices in the United States offering a broad range of testing and information services used by physicians in the detection, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of cancer and other diseases and medical conditions. AmeriPath’s extensive diagnostics infrastructure includes over 400 pathologists and doctorate-level scientists providing services in over 40 independent pathology laboratories and in more than 200 hospitals across the U.S.
This is a PRN position
1. Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolves them.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering
3. Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months.
4. Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
5. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
6. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
7. Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
8. Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
9. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
- Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6000 keystrokes/hour.
Pickled organs and preserved tissues are AmeriPath's favorite things. The firm provides anatomic pathology, dermatopathology, and esoteric...