A career with AmeriPath may be just the change you’ve been looking for. Here, you can do great work with the nation’s largest physician and laboratory company focused on providing anatomic pathology, cancer diagnostic’s and healthcare information services to physicians, hospitals, national clinical laboratories and managed care organizations. The company presently operates in 24 states and provides medical services through outpatient pathology laboratories, hospital inpatient laboratories and outpatient surgical centers.
This position is working Monday through Friday from 6pm to 2:30am.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: AS or BS in Biology or medical science field
Qualifications and Experience:Required:
1. Must be able to type at least 35wpm with high accuracy.
2. Must have at least 1 years experience in a laboratory environment or a production setting.
3. Medical background required which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
4. Position requires strong data entry experience with abilities to exceed 6000 keystrokes/hour.
Key Performance Responsibilities:
AmeriPath offers a competitive benefit package, including 401k, health and dental insurance and tuition reimbursement. For prompt consideration interested applicants should apply on line.
- Accurately accession and process gynecological specimens and slides according to departmental policies and procedures
- Opens and numbers specimens according to departmental policies and procedures
- Contacts physician offices to obtain missing patient information, and documents appropriately
- Follow proper procedure for specimen identification and/or rejection
- Maintain cytology solutions and stains
- Complete and maintain laboratory quality control logs pertaining to area.
- Maintain cytology slide files
- Follow departmental quality assurance/quality control policies and procedures
- Operate equipment according to proper procedures and performs maintenance as instructed
- Participate in all pertinent in-house continuing education and safety training sessions
- Perform related responsibilities as required or directed
- Comply with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural manuals
- Adherence to Safety Regulations
- Adherence to HIPAA Regulation
- Solves more complex problems on a routine basis.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of how Specimen Processing impacts the testing laboratory.
- Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolve them.
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and received.
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace
Ameripath - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Pickled organs and preserved tissues are AmeriPath's favorite things. The firm provides anatomic pathology,...