Childhood Speech & Language - Redmond, WA
Evaluate and provide therapy for children who are delayed or disordered in speech, language, social, and/or cognitive skills.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the speech/language and developmental level of functioning of children ages 2 to 15 to determine eligibility for services;
- Design and implement treatment
- Complete relevant paperwork, including, but not limited to, progress notes, annual reviews, evaluation reports, and exit reports;
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Experience working with children ages two to 15
- Knowledge of overall child development, with extensive knowledge of the development of speech, language, social, and cognitive skills;
- Experience working with children with a variety of medical diagnoses, complex health needs, and developmental delays/disorders;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to adapt to providing therapy with families of diverse linguistic, cultural, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Interest in continued professional development;
Required Education, Certification, & Licensure
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology (in fulfillment of the requirements of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association);
- Certificate of Clinical Compliance
- Valid Washington State professional license
Small clinic on Seattle's eastside (Overlake area) is looking for an SLP to evaluate and treat children, mostly 3-15 years old. We have a good number of clients with ASD, but prospective applicants should also be comfortable working with clients with apraxia as well as language, articulation and phonological disorders and delays. CCC's and Washington State license required and applicants should be able to work independently. That said, we work very closely with parents as well as with an OT in the same office park. Position is PT, with option to increase to FT as caseload allows. Ideal applicants should have at least 2 years experience post graduate school.
Indeed - 16 months ago
CSL provides pediatric speech and language therapy to children throughout the Seattle metropolitan area. Our Overlake location, just off...