Openings as of 10/1|
Exceptional Student Services - Licensed
Speech Language Pathologists
Email To A Friend
Exceptional Student Services - Licensed/Speech and Language Pathologist
Speech Language Pathologists
Posted: September 18, 2013
Deadline for application
: Until filled
Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and based on experience and training.
Nature and Scope of Job
Provide diagnostic and remediation services for persons with speech and/or language disorders. Responsible to the Director of Exceptional Student Services, and is under the immediate supervision of the building principals.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training
Applicant must have the knowledge of Colorado state and district content standards. Competent in the Colorado K-12 Speech and Language Impairment Guidelines for Assessment and Eligibility. Knowledge and skills sufficient to be able to perform all duties of the position. Able to implement assistive augmentative and adaptive technology and equipment for individuals with special needs. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred, but not required. Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology preferred.
- Master's Degree in Speech Pathology.
- Valid Colorado Teacher's Certificate endorsed as a Speech Pathologist
- Must hold ASHA certification or be eligible.
- Must have CCC's or CFY eligible.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies students with speech or language delays either through the Response to Intervention RTI) process, screening processes, teacher referral, or other sources.
- Diagnoses and evaluates the speech/language delays or disorders of the students.
- Recommends appropriate goals and services for eligible students.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and informs their parents, teachers, principals, etc., periodically of their progress.
- Completes all reports as requested by local and state agencies.
- Effectively utilize online IEP management and Medicaid Billing software.
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary educational evaluation of students in the buildings to which he/she is assigned and provides consultative services to staff as needed.
- Participates in ongoing professional development.
- Supervision of Speech Language Pathologist Assistants (SLPA) and/or interns as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Weld County School District - 12 months ago