Speech Scientist - Korean
- responsible for developing grammars of various levels of complexity, particularly for Korean
- preparation of large text/audio databases for statistical training, particularly for Korean
- performing statistical analysis and tuning grammars of varying complexities to achieve optimal performance
- generating performance reports and presenting to customer
- develop methodologies, scripts, procedures that improve efficiency and quality
- develop tools and enhance algorithms that facilitate deployment and tuning of recognition components
Number of Years of Work Experience : 2-3 years
Required Skills : Scripting Language (Perl), Analytics, Statistical Analysis. Excellent Korean, good English
Preferred Skills : Programming Languages (Java, Python, VoiceXML, EcmaScript), experience with running experiments
Education : Master in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferably with Speech/Linguistics Experience
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nuance's Mobility Division builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with mobile devices, applications, and services. Nuance Mobile solutions make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities.
Significant contributor for Korean projects in Professional Services Division. The resource will be involved in working on Korean-language related projects in North America and elsewhere. If there is an (unexpected) slow down on Korean projects, the resource will work on other Mobility and Enterprise projects.
Nuance - 17 months ago
Nuance Communications can help you see the subtle differences in both speech and images. The company provides speech and digital imaging...