Evaluates consumers’ speech needs and develops and implements therapeutic programs as part of their overall care programs.
FULL TIME 35HRS 8:30-4:30PM EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- Evaluates consumers’ speech and language needs using a standardized instrument when appropriate, writes detailed reports regarding such evaluations and submits them to the Case Manager.
- Conducts speech therapy for all consumers for whom it is deemed appropriate in accord with the recommendations of the interdisciplinary team.
- Supervises and trains staff to implement and document speech and communication activities.
- Maintains speech therapy supplies with respect to safety, cleanliness, repair, as well as ordering necessary materials.
- Responsible for all speech related goals and data collection as well as all routine speech reports.
- Trains consumers in the development and maintenance of communication skills, records consumer response to programs and services and notes any significant occurrences or changes in response to treatment objectives.
M.A. or M.S. in Speech and Language Pathology, licensed and registered by N.Y.S. Department of Education (CCC/SLP) will consider CFY.
New York, New York, United States
- 1-year experience with persons with Developmental Disabilities preferred.
- Must possess QMRP status as defined by PT 690, Operating Standards for day Treatment Programs.
F·E·G·S - 30+ days ago
FEGS is one of the largest health and human services organizations in the county with a budget in excess of $250 million, and staff of 3,500...