This is an individual contributor role that is responsible for creating and maintaining cabinet designs from builder blueprints for the spoke builder accounts in the most cost effective and efficient manner. The position maintains inventory management systems at the spoke and is responsible for opening and closing the facility daily.
Reports directly to the Operations Supervisor.
Characteristics & Attributes:
- Collect and maintain accurate records of builder design specifications
- Establish and meet completion due dates for all design projects
- Produce quality, detailed, and accurate kitchen, bath and other room designs from blueprints utilizing a design tool as requested
- Research and answer design/installation questions from the field and/or customer
- Provide product knowledge and design recommendations to customers and coworkers
- Maintain internal design logs showing all work received and completed
- Meet with customers and sales as required to effectively manage designs and produce bid designs
- Manage warehouse inventory accuracy
- Maintain safety stock level of critical path trim/parts items in inventory
- Perform inventory cycle counts on a regular basis
- Obtain outside vendor prices for countertop, installation, glass, etc. and review cost/sell accuracy
- Responsible for opening and closing facility on a daily basis
- Retrieve service tickets written out of the regional hub and pull service parts/pieces for local sub-contractors
- Ability to travel as business needs require.
- Other duties as may be assigned at management's discretion.
Education & Experience:
- Superior service attitude
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships
- Attention to details, accurate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of skills trades and customers
- Self-motivated, team oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to follow existing guidelines and establish improved procedures
- Consistently demonstrate the 5 Traits of Success: Teamwork, Integrity, Hard Work, Confidence, and Passion.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- High school diploma/equivalent is minimally required; 2-year degree preferred
- Previous cabinet design experience required
- Experience reading builder blueprints, including elevations and floor plans
- Experience using computer programs, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Exceptional math skills
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...