Summary: Under general direction of the Director of Communications and Media Relations the Sponsorship and Event Development Manager secures major sponsorships for City-wide events and manages establishes, coordinates, and promotes City events, which includes, but is not limited to, scheduling and coordinating with other departments and organizations. Manages the Special Events Review Committee. |
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
· Cultivates leads and solicits major sponsorship partners for large-scale, city-wide events designed to promote City of Frisco programs, services and special events including, but not limited to, Freedom Fest, and Frisco IS A Treasure.
· Maintains existing corporate sponsorship accounts for City special events.
· Develops and conducts personal marketing and promotional visits to potential clients and makes presentations to groups in securing corporate sponsorships.
· Assists in the development of marketing plan including goals, objectives and departmental programming for solicitation of city-wide corporate sponsorships.
· Develops sponsorship asset and benefit proposals/agreements.
· Plans, creates, coordinates and implements special events for the Communications and Media Relations Department for the City of Frisco which includes, but is not limited to Frisco Freedom Fest (July 4 Celebration), the Kid’s Holiday Store and Frisco IS a Treasure.
· Implements, develops, recommends and coordinates administrative tasks and procedures in the areas of event management, pre-event and post-event planning.
· Works with volunteers and staff coordinator for volunteers, assisting with City of Frisco special events.
· Develops, administers, monitors and coordinates budgets for assigned events and marketing plans; purchases equipment and supplies.
· Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives; implements approved policies and procedures.
· Oversees the Special Events Review Committee, which manages event applications, planning permits and logistics for various City departments providing city support and services during private special events held in Frisco.
· Verifies the work of assigned employees and vendors for accuracy, proper work methods and techniques and compliance with applicable standards.
· Negotiates and coordinates event contracts with vendors; obtains required license agreements and permits for each event; ensure compliance with applicable standards.
· Assists other City of Frisco departments with respective events, including Town Hall Meetings.
Other Important Duties:
· Creates and implements reports, business correspondence, meeting specification needs and bid proposals.
· Attends City events which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Monitors private special events, which have been reviewed through the Special Events Review process.
· Travels to attend meetings, conferences and training.
· Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of methods and procedures used in the solicitation of corporate sponsorships for large-scale events.
· Knowledge of informational and entertaining presentation techniques for a wide variety of audiences.
· Ability to develop creative, innovative marketing programs and ideas.
· Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with vendors, customers and other agencies.
· Ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals.
· Ability to convert client conceptual requirements into written instructions.
· Ability to coordinate several events at various stages.
· Ability to work irregular hours, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to maintain and enforce policies and procedures.
· Ability to oversee all aspects of services and resolve problems.
· Ability to complete assignments with limited direction and supervision.
· Ability to work under deadlines and stressful situations.
· Ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Proficiency in public relations, sales and marketing skills.
· Proficiency in the use of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
· Must possess strong organizational skills.
· Must possess strong creative nature
· Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
Education, Training, Experience, Certificates, and/or Licenses:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field and three (3) years experience in Special Events, Media, Public Relations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal background, and MVR check.
· Must possess valid State of Texas class C driver’s license.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Work is performed in an office setting, off site and at special events.
· May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
· May be subject to extended periods of standing, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as setting up for meetings and events, transporting audiovisual equipment, or materials and supplies.
· May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions during special events and/or when broadcasting live from special events, issuing media briefings or during public emergencies.
· May be required to work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
City of Frisco - 17 months ago