Provide direct support to the Paralympic Sport Outreach team including support of programs related to the teams goals and metrics for 2013 as well as administrative related functions. Duties of the intern will vary week to week as various events and VA associated clinics/meetings occur.
In addition to daily duties listed below, the internship will provide an opportunity to not only gain knowledge of the internal dynamics of U.S. Paralympics but also will provide an opportunity to learn how U.S. Paralympics operates as a division of the United States Olympic Committee. Additionally, the intern will experience the inner workings of a non-for-profit company.
One will acquire knowledge and experience necessary to develop skills and to enrich personal growth beyond that of a classroom experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Ongoing support of the Paralympic Sport Outreach team including collection of bi-annual reports, planning of Regional Meetings and Train the Trainer events, fulfillment of Paralympic Experience event needs and other duties as assigned.
2. Support the Paralympic Sport Club Program and Regional Managers as identified.
3. Assist with veteran related events and camps as identified.
4. Other duties as assigned
Select at least 2 special projects & specific responsibilities:
1. Provide support to the Paralympic Sport Club (PSC) program and collect and compile PSC bi-annual reports.
2. Assist with planning and implementation of eight Regional Meetings and Five Train the Trainer sessions to be held across the country during 2013.
- Standard Office Equipment
- Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
- Proficiency with internet search capabilities and usage telecommunications equipment, fax machine, copier
- Office environment in multi-story building on multi-building site
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor degree program at the junior or senior level status or enrolled in a Master degree program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports).
- Must be eligible to work in the USA.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to participate in the full Intern Program
United States Olympic Committee - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is the...