Directs sports promotion, retention and program activities. Oversees and develops the sports department and programs, including staff supervision, budget management and planning.
1. Develops, implements and manages sports programs, complying with all Association standards and safety procedures.
2. Recruits, hires and trains all staff and volunteers positions. Supervises and evaluates staff regularly to ensure program quality and consistency.
3. Officiates and instructs as needed.
4. Secures facilities for programs.
5. Administers the sports programs within the departmental budget.
6. Develops, manages and controls sports department budgets. Assesses and recommends budgeting for program needs.
7. Ensures that program areas, equipment and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
8. Provides data and reports on assigned programs in support of the planning process of the branch and Association.
9. Develops, produces and disseminates appropriate program information in order to promote sports programs to the public and to current members.
Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and other committees as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in physical education, recreation or equivalent preferred.
Two or more years of supervisory experience in a sports program.
Experience with computers including word processing and database software.
Ability to train sports instructors, coaches, referees and site supervisors.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the recruitment, training and supervision of professional staff and volunteers.
Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communication skills, including the ability to make oral presentations.
Ability to communicate effectively with members, staff, peers, volunteers and supervisor.
Ability to effectively communicate information on YMCA Sports Programs.
Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
Current certifications in YMCA Sports Director, CPR, First Aid.
Salary: $29,300 - $35,000
YMCA - 17 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...