Performs a variety of tasks related to maintenance and reparation of the facility Main Campus and Sports Fields. May participate in mentoring program for higher level skills. May participate in formal training programs or courses as appropriate and as part of mentoring process.
50% - Mows Sports Fields
48% - Performs the following items:
2% - Completes necessary paperwork associated with position, keeps log books as appropriate, & meets with other stakeholders as necessary and as appropriate for planning and educational purposes (e.g. Athletic Department officials, Supervisor, etc.)
- Trims along fence lines
- Makes minor repairs to fences as required
- Waters and irrigates fields and makes minor repairs to irrigation systems as required
- Lines fields for Park University sports events
- Checks pH of sports fields and keeps records of test results
- Applies chemicals to Sports Fields as appropriate
- Aerates and top dresses Sports Fields as needed
- Waters and irrigates Sports Fields
- Maintains irrigation system as needed
- Polices Sports Fields for litter as needed
- Maintains equipment and makes minor repairs as required
- Assists with Snow Removal as needed
- Communicates frequently with Athletic Director and Coaches to ensure expectations are met
- Performs snow removal as required.
- Participates in moves and set-ups as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to carry out verbal, written and diagrammatic forms.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and use a 10’ ladder.
- Attributes consider critical to this position include excellent customer relations, commitment to excellent outcomes, and taking initiative. Must demonstrate commitment to high quality outcomes done in a timely manner to meet customer needs.
- Keeps actively enrolled in training and in local, regional, or on-line seminars that enables employee to keep current with industry trends, technical information, and best practices.
- Focus efforts on ensuring safety, building cleanliness, environmental protection, and stewardship of Park University assets.
- Foster teamwork, collaboration and cooperation across all departmental boundaries.
- Service-Oriented: continually assess the needs of our customers and their satisfaction with our programs and services.
- Professionalism: courteous, conscientious, and respectful in our dealings with others.
- Integrity/Ethics: conduct ourselves in a fair, ethical and honest manner.
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...