To provide a future professional, who is a senior or graduate student studying a parks and recreation curriculum, a quality introduction into the administration of adult recreation leagues and outdoor athletic facilities management. Additionally, this position will be expected to provide support to the Parks and Recreation Division and perform any other duties related to the internship experience or as assigned by the Recreation Supervisor – Sports.
Examples of Duties:
• Assists Recreation Supervisor and Sports Coordinator with adult sports league management and development: including registrations, scores, standings, and schedules, tournaments, league communications, and coordination of contracted officials.
• Assist with reservations, scheduling, and supervision of outdoor athletic facilities.
• Assists with the supervision, scheduling, communication and training for the Assistant Sports Coordinators and Building Attendants.
• Develop relationships, provide assistance and gain an understanding of each position’s responsibilities within the Bloomington Parks and Recreation Division.
• Must be a senior or graduate student in a Parks and Recreation curriculum or related field.
• Computer proficiency: specifically Microsoft Office programs
• Experience participating, planning and evaluating recreational sports programs
• Experience working in community recreation or athletic programs
• Problems solving techniques and abilities
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently as needed
Start: January 13, 2014
End: May 2, 2014
General Hours: M – F 8am – 4:30pm – 40 hrs/week
*Hours will vary based on assigned duties.
City of Bloomington, MN - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -