We are currently seeking candidates to fulfill several positions we have at our Woodbridge, NJ store. MonkeySports, Inc. is a specialty sports retailer of hockey, baseball and lacrosse sporting goods and gear. The ideal candidates will have knowledge of the sports that we cater to along with a strong passion for customer service. Prior retail and merchandising experience is highly preferred. We have Part-Time and Full-Time openings available. All candidates need to be available to work days, nights and weekends and be flexible to a changing schedule.
• Door Greeters
• Hockey Customer Service Reps
• Goalie Customer Service Reps
• Shop Technicians
Essential Job Requirements:
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to ensure positive shopping experience for all customers
• Ability to handle cash sales/credit card transactions, accurately count change, follow established cash control procedures and process transactions on a POS system
• Must have proven ability to work independently and follow instruction
• Possess strong and effective oral and written communication skills
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships and deal effectively and courteously with other employees, vendors and the public
• Professionalism to handle a variety of customer inquiries, concerns and complaints
• Read, understand and interpret written materials and oral instructions in English
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be able and willing to work weekends and holidays
Additional Job Functions:
Receiving, Stocking, Pricing, Cycle Counting, Product Front Facing, Merchandising, Organizing, Event Participation, Etc.
• High School Diploma preferred
• Knowledge of sporting equipment and/or sports carried by MonkeySports, Inc. is a plus
• Must be able to lift and carry objects and materials up to 50lbs
• Must be able to have sufficient visual and hearing capabilities to respond to public needs and detailed work
Working conditions are generally indoors with the exception of special events. May be required to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50lbs occasionally. Required to stand and walk majority of the shift.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
About the Company:
MonkeySports, Inc. has been serving athletes around the world since 1999 with an expertise that comes from employing players and goalies that are passionate about the gear, the customer and the game. MonkeySports, Inc. continues to grow as an industry leader with 5 websites and 5 brick-and-mortar stores (Irvine & Santa Ana , California/Woodbridge, New Jersey/Norwood, Massachusetts/Sweden) and boasts a huge selection of gear for ice hockey, roller hockey, goalie, lacrosse, baseball and softball including trusted brands such as Easton, Reebok, Bauer, CCM, Warrior and many more.
MonkeySports, Inc. offers Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with employer match and Employee Discounts.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may forward their resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .