Begin a challenging and exciting internship with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. The EOP is comprised of The White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representatives, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of the National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, Office of Administration, National Security Staff, Council on Environmental Quality, and Council of Economic Advisers. The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President's message to the American people to promoting our trade interests abroad. To learn more about the Office of Administration please visit http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/oa .
The Office of Administration Student Internship Program (SIP) in the Executive Office of the President (EOP) is looking to recruit the nation's best and brightest software engineering students. Software Engineer Interns (SEIs) will work with the newly created SoftWare Automation and Technology (SWAT) Team and have tremendous impact throughout the EOP as they help transform computer usage and business processes. The Spring 2014 Unpaid Student Internship Program is available within the Office of Administration with an anticipated start date of Monday, January 13, 2014 and end date of Friday, May 16, 2014. The interns are expected to work at least 20 hours per week. All intern positions are unpaid.
- Must be a US citizen or national.
- Registered with the Selective Service, if a male born after Dec. 1, 1959.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests.
- RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree seeking student.
Software Engineer Interns (SEIs) will work with the newly created SoftWare Automation and Technology (SWAT) Team which is revolutionizing computer usage and business processes in the Executive Office of the President, including the White House. SEIs will have tremendous impact throughout the organization by providing expert software development and business process engineering services. It has been shown that relatively little software development up front can save many task hours in the future, while also increasing accuracy and reducing errors in data. Many repetitive and time-consuming tasks can often be automated. Software engineers are able to design data and format solutions to handle future needs and ever changing goals. SEIs will lend their expertise to Executive Office of the President offices and help them automate tasks, streamline business processes, and optimally format data for future use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS : All applicants applying to participate in the Unpaid Student Internship Program must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a US Citizen.
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student for the semester that includes or immediately follows the internship, taking at least a half-time academic course load in an accredited program.
4. Be in good academic standings.
Students enrolled in, but not limited to BS, MS, or PHD in computer science or a related field are encouraged to apply.
· Following are a plus
· Experience developing Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word) macros.
· Experience developing QuickBase applications.
· Experience creating Microsoft Access databases and interfaces .
· Experience with SQL and database design.
· Experience with any of the following languages/APIs.
· Experience writing COM add-ins (particularly for MS Office).
· Experience administering Apache, IIS, MySQL, and MS SQL.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Project management experience.
· Technical documentation/writing experience.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience and training you report relative to this position which shows that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Paid or unpaid experience will be considered.
Transportation subsidy benefits will be given to interns relying public transportation.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
usajobs.gov - 12 months ago