The Huffington Post has an opening for an editorial intern for the Divorce vertical based in Beverly Hills, CA. We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, efficient, and web savvy intern to join our team. This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works. The position would mostly revolve around content creation, and the intern would have an opportunity to pitch article ideas. |
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Extensive researching writing of original news stories and slideshows
- Finding stories for aggregation and coverage
- Pitching and writing original story ideas
- Other general assignments working closely with the Divorce editors
- Assisting with management of the site's social media accounts
Requirements for Success
- Previous journalism experience is required- you must be able to write quickly, accurately, and well, all while having meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
- Creativity is key--you must think outside the box!
- Internet junkies are welcome- the more you love devouring online content, the better! We are looking for the type of candidate who can spot viral content before it goes viral!
- Dedication to detail is key
- Demonstrated interest in issues of divorce and relationships is a must
- Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
- Familiarity with Photoshop/InDesign preferred
- Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: twitter, tumblr, facebook, pinterest etc.
- Experience in creating/writing blogs is strongly preferred
- Basic HTML experience preferred
This internship is located in our Beverly Hills, CA office, and is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates (only December 2012 and later graduates will be considered for this role). It is a six month, full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr.
About HuffPost- The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
AOL - 22 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...