SunGard’s Continuity Management Solution (CMS) is an integrated software platform offering flexible modules that support the entire BCP lifecycle – all powered by the intelligence and logic of our deep planning expertise. CMS supports the entire lifecycle of a continuity program, using a single, secure entry point to access each of the modules. Be part of the team bringing these solutions to the market.
The Senior .NET Application Developer is responsible for the creation of a world-class Business Continuity Planning solution. The role requires individuals to turn a business vision into a physical reality. This includes physical implementation of all aspects of the application architecture: high performance design, coding, caching, security, encryption, session state management, error logging, scalability, etc. This role also requires significant experience in high volume systems and the ability to architect solutions based on different design algorithms to a set of highly complex problems. Expertise in web development in C#, .Net MVC, and SQL are essential for this position.
• You will take ownership of what users see and have a strong voice in how we enhance and improve the product.
• You must relish in the role of being an application specialist. We will look to you to solve hard problems and make our front-end fast, elegant and awesome. You will help invent the future of Business Continuity Planning.
• You must be PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code and have opinions about the products you work on and not be afraid to defend them / or to be criticized / or to be wrong. You should know how to be confident and consultative at the same time.
• You must have experience writing code that interacts with a large, complex back end – you need to be able to read and write server side code.
• You should be able to cross-browser debug in your sleep.
• We need you to understand what it means to work in a professional software engineering environment. You must take pride in checking in bug free code.
• You will need to be a fast learner, effective communicator, great listener and team player.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required
• Master’s degree preferred
• Fluent in JQuery, CSS, Microsoft SQL and .NET MVC with a deep understanding of how to make everything work harmoniously together.
• Implement all aspects of an application design including but not limited to: high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, scalability, code reviews, environment configuration, proper testing procedures, naming standards and all other aspects of good application design and development, etc.
• Architect and develop solutions based on different design algorithms to a set of highly complex problems.
• Familiarity with common design patterns
• Perform unit and system level testing on their application and all affected systems.
• Work at the lowest levels and taking the product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support.
• Deliver the required functionality in an agreed upon timely manner.
• Undertake complete projects or stepping-in to an ongoing project and become an immediate contributor.
• Analyze requirements and deliver realistic estimates for the implementation of related functionality.
• Proven ability to write clean, consistent, W3C/508 compliant code
• Experience developing Multi-tenant SaaS solutions highly desirable
• Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles
Sungard AS - 17 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...