Our vision at Petco is
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Monitor and participate in the month-end closing process. Monitor all entries in the GL to ensure appropriate allocation, analyzing various accounts to avoid year-end audit exposure. Develop and recommend new procedures, processes and policies for the accounting operations of assignment function. Serve as accounting business partner to assigned function. Develop and deliver training to personnel in various areas of accounting and finance. This function performs both statistical and financial analysis. Analytical work is approximately 15-20% of the time.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities
ith or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Efficiently create complex documents and/or reports using spreadsheet software
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
- Analyze data to determine appropriate course of action
Train and review the work of AO personnel.
The majority of job duties are conducted while seated indoors at a computer terminal, with little or no exposure to hazards.
A 4-year degree in Accounting/Finance plus a minimum of 4 years progressively responsible experience is required preferably in a high volume retail accounting environment. Equivalent relevant experience can be substituted for a degree.
Applicants must be accurate, detail oriented and proficient with PC based systems. Qualified candidates must have experience in developing and implementing work process improvements including procedures, processes and policies. Retail experience is strongly preferred.
Advanced knowledge of:
Advanced Ability to:
- Excel and 10-key by touch.
- PeopleSoft financial software.
- Principles and practices of financial analysis.
- Accounting, business processes and systems.
- Interpersonal communications skills are a must due to the nature and level of interaction with other department personnel as well as senior management.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the accounting operations related issues in the group to which the position is assigned.
- Act as an accounting business partner to assigned group analyzing accounting data.
- Make recommendations on the most profitable and legally compliant approach to accounting issues.
Petco - 17 months ago
Petco… where the healthy pets go
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that...