Job Title Sr Actuarial Associate
Windsor - CT
Risk Retirement Services
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary commensurate w/experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Key player in development and implementation of Retirement Services Asset/ Liability stochastic MoSes Model for all Retirement Services products including variable annuities with fixed and variable funds, new money rate fixed annuities and variable annuities with living benefits
Analyze results of models for reasonableness, key drivers, interaction of assets and liabilities, and understand effects of liability optionality;
Focus on model governance and ensure controlled, efficient process is being followed
Ensure project plans are well thought out, technical implementation documentation is accurate, and testing is thorough and complete.
Communicate results and issues to management and liaise with other functional areas
Enhance MoSes model to include all key product features and ensure it accurately captures the risk profile of the business.
Develop efficient, integrated, and consistent model to be used across all actuarial functions which includes understanding current models and methodologies
Understand pricing models and how to integrate assumptions and methodology into current Asset Liability in-force models
Work with investment analyst to model assets and hedging strategies i.e. minimum guarantee hedging, understanding effects of the MBS derivative portfolio
Improve overall efficiency and accuracy of models
Work with pricing area to model and analyze new product designs
Ensure model documentation is current and appropriate
Who is our ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have strong and credible experience in stochastic asset/liability modeling on an open platform, demonstrate superior analytical skills and have a proven ability to succeed in a high performing culture. The candidate should be a self starter who takes initiative and values accuracy. The candidate should have ASA or FSA designation with the Society of Actuaries. Strong communication and technical skills are also required. Annuity experience a plus.
What else can we tell you?
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 15 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...