This position exists to insure maximum operating efficiency on a day to day basis. Support management in coordinating support functions to ensure the proper allocation of resources and provide the highest level of customer service for an efficient and productive office.
As the Sr Admin Assistant your key roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Monitors and directs daily workflow across NA administrative teams to ensure consistent support. Provides training, mentoring and acts as leader to other administrative support. May delegate work to other administrative support personnel.
2. Troubleshoots administrative issues and engage in continuous improvement initiatives for administrative and legal operational processes, as well as the conceptualization of programs that will streamline processes in order to have more efficiency. Normally follows established procedures on routine work; determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
3. Administrator for CounselLink Legal Spend Management, Matter Management, NetDocs and expert knowledge of CounselLink for data analysis and reporting. Responsible for continuing improvements of workflows for utilization of same.
4. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative, including being responsible for NA Legal Department wide reporting on budget, accruals/contingent disclosures, insurance claims, etc. Assists and participates with reporting and analysis for NA reporting relating to internal legal department budget, outside counsel fee budget, accruals and contingent disclosures for IAS 37, insurance, accruals for outside fees and responses to audit requests relating to same
5. Administrative support work includes but is not limited to:
· Schedule appointments and maintain calendars bearing in mind conflicts, tough schedules, and meeting locations.
· Arrange business travel and on/off-site meetings or conferences. Complete expense reports.
Establish and maintain records and files including, but not limited to, confidential personnel information, budgets, invoices, time off, projects, etc.
· Establish and maintain a system to track budgets, expenses, invoices, etc. as required.
· Open, sort and distribute incoming mail (hard copy and e-mail) routing to appropriate individual(s) for action and distinguishes high priority items. May draft correspondence, memoranda, etc. as required.
· Drafts department-wide communications.
· May participate in meetings and/or conferences and take and transcribe minutes of meetings.
· Answer telephone.
· Prepare presentation materials for meetings.
· Monitor the pulse of the department and proactively alert leader to potential issues.
· Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment, i.e. personal computer and associated devices required and required software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, matter tracking systems, electronic messaging and scheduling, FAX machines, photocopiers, and telephone system.
· Perform other related duties and projects as assigned or required.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact mailto: HR-Careers@lexisnexis.com
1. High school diploma; Associate degree preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum of 4-6 years of related experience supporting multiple senior executives; paralegal training is a plus. Including previous administrative experience supporting multiple departments and/or multiple managers and/or employees. Supervisor/managerial experience is a plus.
What we are looking for in you:
· In-depth to expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products including, but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and scheduling tools.
· Ability to research and find company-specific information utilizing vehicles such as the Internet, Intranet, SharePoint, etc.
· Experience with LexisNexis applications, including CounselLink, is a plus.
· Strong judgment and discretionary skills required, including the ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organization, and scheduling work.
· Attention to detail including exemplary proofreading skills essential.
· Requires adaptability/flexibility with the ability to handle multiple tasks and switch from one job to another with minimum notice while maintain strong attention to accuracy.
· Exemplary Interpersonal, collaboration and team building skills.
· Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality at all times.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong analytical and research skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
· Quarterly 401K Match
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Two Paid Volunteer Days
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Employee Assistance Program
· Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of legal research and content-enabled workflow solutions.
LexisNexis consists of two...