Do you want to be part of a team charged with providing key University Administrators with the tools they need to make informed decisions? Do you thrive in a highly collaborative environment? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, the Planning and Effectiveness department at Ashford University sounds like a great fit for you!
The Sr Administrative Assistant position is a full-time employment opportunity. Ashford University seeks a dedicated team player to provide administrative support to its Vice President of Planning and Effectiveness. Under limited supervision, provides clerical and administrative services and assistance, of complex levels, requiring judgment and discretion on a daily basis. Candidates will have administrative experience, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage confidential information.
Essential Job Duties:
• Manage the day to day activities of senior management, through calendar management and coordination
• Coordinate meetings, conference calls and events
• Record, track, and respond to incoming correspondence
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and FedEx
• Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries
• Prepare, submit and reconcile expense reports
• Maintain files and information systems
• Draft and edit written communications, reports, presentations and materials
• Effectively communicate status updates regarding reports, presentations, etc.
• Cultivate positive relationships with departmental staff and provide administrative support to departments, as assigned
• Travel to and from business locations as needed
• Assessing and proactively taking on new (“ad hoc”) duties as needed
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a team player
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong initiative and multi tasking skills required
• Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Time management skills with a strong sense of prioritization and follow through
• Intermediate to advanced level pc skills using Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Minimum 2 years experience providing administrative support in a large organization is required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...