Life-changers work here
CareFusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customers' ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
Meet one of our Life-changers. http://www.youtube.com/carefusion
Job Title: Sr Analyst, Business Analysis
Job Family Group (Function): Business Administration/Operations
Job Family: Business Metrics/Analytics
What Business Transformation contributes to CareFusion
Business Transformation is responsible for the transformation and execution of business processes, underlying information technology and supporting infrastructure to drive operational excellence and support the strategic objectives of the organization.
Accountabilities in this role
This position is responsible for understanding the business process and translating business requirements into expected business and technology outcomes.
This is a key support role in multiple strategic and tactical initiatives across the enterprise. Under the general guidance of the Senior Manager, Business Analysis, liaison among business, IT, and external stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. This role is accountable for the business requirements, change management, implementation and training.
o Engineering systems concepts and principles
- Work under the general supervision of Senior Manager, Business Analysis in managing business requirements in the strategic project portfolio pipeline and expected business deliverables.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
- Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans. Relay information between IT and business teams in easily understood terms for both groups.
- Assess proposed project plan to ensure all needs are meet, ensuring that the verifiable solution is the one which will enable success.
- Document which aspects of the project will be handled by outside sources, listing those sources with critical attention on the specific task of each organization.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under general direction of project managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, or related field, MBA with information systems background preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry or equivalent.
o Technical computer knowledge
o Complex modeling techniques
o Technical writing
o Analytical and conceptual expertise
o Experience in Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
o Planning, documentation, analysis and business requirements management techniques
o Object-oriented analysis
o Evaluation of profitability/risk
o Testing, verification and validation techniques
o Creation of the Business Requirements Document – BRD
o Administrative and reporting abilities
o Knowledge of business processes
o Ability to have a business-oriented vision
o Improvement of business and engineering processes
o Strategic planning
o Case development
o Business writing
o Fundamentals of project management
o Management of customer relationships
o Management of organizational changes
o Time management and personal organization skills
o Integrity and ethics
o Ability to formulate concepts
o Communication of technical information to non-technical audience
o Communication of business information to a technical audience
CareFusion Corporation - 6 months ago