The Senior Analyst, Business Analytics is responsible for assessing business and marketing performance and providing insights into customer needs and behavior.
1-Analysis of marketing and business effectiveness and efficiency for each of the marketing tactics employed by IGS, including but not limited to:
2-Insights into customer behavior such as acquisition channel preferences, attrition, and product usage for optimizing marketing strategies and supporting general business decisions. Key projects include:
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly reports and insights (Dashboard, Scorecards) of business results, including Retail sales/enrollments, call center results and marketing results
- Direct sales results (enrollments by partner, by utility, by rep)
- Outbound telemarketing results (enrollments by partner, by utility, by rep)
- Direct Mail results (response and enrollment rates, response curves and acquisition costs)
- Radio results (enrollments by personality, acquisition costs)
- Digital/interactive/social media results (enrollments by source, other metrics TBD)
3-Develops and maintains longitudinal forecasting models to provide expected outcome of marketing activities, including weekly variance reporting and annual budget development
- Attrition by utility, marketing tactic, and product/offer
- Rep analytics: Assessing effectiveness of partners and their associates, especially Direct and OB telemarketing reps for attrition
- Customer profiles and segmentation: understanding who IGS’ best customers have been and could be and identifying tactics and messaging to better target and communicate to these segments
- Provide profiles and segmentation of Prospects - work with vendors/partners to develop targeting and test targeting models
4-Gathers, analyzes and interprets a wide variety of underlying data to support business, customer and/or financial objectives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Strong computer skills including SQL, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and web-based business intelligence applications (SPSS or SAS)
- Experience with Omniture, Google Analytics or similar web tracking tool.
- Ability to interact with both technical and business peers to manage sales campaigns.
- Experience with Email campaigns, Exact Target or similar email functionality.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills. Active listener.
- Strong project management skills
- Able to establish rapport quickly either face to face or over the phone.
- Strong presentation skills, including experience communicating business and marketing recommendations
- Ability to work independently without close supervision but also work collectively with others both internally and externally.
- Ability to work well in cross functional teams and influence without authority.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently and work effectively under pressure. Good follow-up skills. Attention to detail with high work accuracy.
- Results oriented and customer centric focused.
- Flexible and able to adapt to on-going change.
- Undergraduate studies in Marketing Research, Marketing, Mathematics or Social Sciences. Masters in statistics, economics, finance or mathematics preferred. Related fields may include: CIS, MIS, Applied Statistics, Web Analytics, Web Marketing
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing or business analytics required.
IGS Energy - 2 years ago