Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and video-game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2.5 billion discs and is available at approximately 43,000 kiosks across 35,500 locations nationwide, including leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, and select Walgreens, Walmart and McDonald’s locations in some markets. For more information, visit redbox.com.
Sr. Analyst, Consumer Insights & Analytics
Strategic Overview: Our Marketing team is responsible for defining and managing the Redbox brand equities, identifying our current and desired audience and driving profitable growth through customer acquisition and engagement. The Marketing team is also responsible for all facets of the Redbox business including core DVDs and line extensions like Live Events. The Consumer Insights team’s key objective will be to provide robust consumer nalysis that will have significant exposure to senior management within the Marketing Team and across the organization. The Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights & Analytics will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Consumer Insights and Analytics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
· Help Redbox articulate the needs of our consumers, and unlock embedded insights which will inform marketing plans and customer engagement strategies
· Support Consumer Insights team on various forms of research and in creating an internal point of view about who the Redbox customer is and how they behave
· Play a key supporting role on internal projects including a longitudinal panel, various customer segmentations and profiling, and Redbox Instant customer acquisition
· Manage relationships and research with third parties to track consumer trends, brand perceptions, and deliver comprehensive home entertainment insights beyond the core Redbox customer
· Contribute to qualitative research that will round out consumer segmentation analysis, and bring color to the expression of consumer needs within our marketing strategies and communications
· Design customer surveys and perform field observation
· Analyze internal survey and customer data to help inform key business decisions
· Work across functional areas to leverage expertise and gain organizational alignment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Solid understanding of market research principles, questionnaire design, and customer segmentation
· Excellent communication(both written and verbal) and presentation skills
· Proven experience in quantitative analysis of transactional and/or customer data (qualitative experience a plus)
· Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and a d emonstrated resourcefulness in getting results and answers
· Ability to work under pressure in an evolving environment while managing fast paced deadlines
· Ability to collaborate across various internal teams
· Demonstrated ability in combining creative and strategic thinking
Experience / Education :
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in a consumer insights-focused work environment, including but not limited to consumer research, market segmentation, surveying, and field observation
· Undergraduate degree from a strong institution with high GPA
· High degree of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint , and/or survey software tools (e.g. Qualtrics, Sparq)
· Experience using SQL, Tableau, and/or SPSS a plus
· Experience writing discussion guides and moderating focus groups a plus
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
Redbox - 16 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...