1. Research, develop and implement statistical models to predict/monitor credit risk trends
2. Develop short-term and long-term delinquency and loss forecasts to assist management with staffing requirements and loss reserves using vintage static pool analysis, roll-rate analysis, and portfolio segmentation techniques.
3. Identify, interpret, and use sources of data from numerous databases to support credit risk analysis.
4. Identify areas of risk and opportunity for management and recommend appropriate courses of action.
5. Perform in-depth quantitative analysis on raw data to provide recommendations on strategies for optimizing approval/capture rates and profitability or decreasing delinquencies and losses.
6. Monitor and validate scoring models to assist acquisition, collection and portfolio management strategies.
7. Monitor scorecard and judgmental credit performance and recommend changes to cut-off scores, programs, policies, and/or auto-decision criteria when needed.
8. Interface with collections and/or operations to support strategies and analysis as well as implementation of new programs, policies, or technologies.
9. Ad-hoc query development and report building.
10. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Economics, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years prior statistical analysis experience in a similar roll in the consumer financial services industry
- Previous experience in statistical analysis and model development
- Thorough understanding of statistics and statistical analysis techniques.
- Advance knowledge of SAS or SPSS
- Knowledge of TSO or other mainframe programming language
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines while delivering accurate, quality results
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with ability to effectively present analyses
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of North America - 15 months ago