AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation's largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.aglresources.com.
The incumbent will support the development and maintenance of long-range regulatory financial and planning models for AGL Resources distribution utilities and Distribution Operations operating segment. Additionally, analysis of industry trends, regulatory climate and activity at state and federal levels, and understanding fundamental market issues in AGL Resources' regulated footprint in support of the development of long-range regulatory plans for AGL Resources' distribution utilities and Distribution Operations operating segment. The position will also be responsible for various financial analyses of a complex, regulatory nature.
- Develops and maintains long-range financial models for regulated distribution companies.
- Creates monthly report of regulatory activity around the company and the nation.
- Supports regulatory policy, rate, and compliance filing in multiple jurisdictions
- Ability to synthesize complex financial data into actionable information
- Maintains an in depth understanding regulatory rules and frameworks
- Works with peers and management to ensure long-range planning models are up to date and accurate model the regulatory framework of each jurisdiction
- Works with peers, management and counsel to prepare regulatory filings as needed.
- Ensures that peers and management are informed and trained, as is appropriate, related to regulatory modeling, assumptions and process
- Ensures regulatory planning models and accurate and up to date.
- Ensures stakeholders are informed of regulatory planning and policy issues
- Ensures ethics and compliance issues stemming from or related to regulatory policy or planning activities are appropriately addressed.
Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related
Preferred: Master's degree with an emphasis in finance, accounting, or economics
Related Work Experience:
Required: 5-7 years accounting or financial analysis; and or equivalent education and work experience.
Preferred: 3+ years accounting or financial analysis in a regulated energy market
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
Detailed and specific knowledge of regulatory theory and practice as they relate to the regulations of an LDC
In-depth knowledge of financial modeling
Thought leadership, industry issues analysis, planning, problem-solving, analysis and decision-making abilities
Ability to manage and complete multiple high-priority projects and activities with strict time-sensitive deadlines
Preferred:Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
The incumbent may be required to travel on an infrequent basis (0-5%). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stays away from home for one or more nights
The incumbent works in an office environment
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago