District of Columbia
Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
The Senior Application programmer is responsible for the following:
• Experience building, administering, and developing LAMP stack applications
• Experience designing and administering N-tier middleware application environments( i.e.Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Weblogic)
• Understanding of concepts and practices of other technology groups, including databases, networking, operating systems, and storage technologies
• Researches and analyzes data processing practices and procedures and develops solutions and recommendations for improvement
• Completes complex programming assignments by defining specifications, writing new or modified code, and testing the code to verify the program
• Prepares user, operations, and system manuals documentation
College degree in a Technical or related field and 3-5 years professional level experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7+ years professional level related Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Windstream is not just a Fortune 500 company. We’re also the provider of choice for four out of five Fortune 500 companies for data,...