Wright Express is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs. We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of Wright Express today!
The Senior Applications Architect is a member of a team responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of applications and platforms within the Americas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Are you looking for a work environment that encourages personal and professional growth, an opportunity to think outside the box and the ability to be rewarded for your efforts? Do you want to work for a global company, founded in Maine and committed to employees and the broader community? Wright Express is looking for you!
- Develop software and infrastructure architecture and design options based on business and technical needs. Ensure adherence to architectural and design principles.
- Leads the development of detailed analysis, design, architecture, programming , testing, and implementations; develops and maintains WEX’s most complex software solutions; ensures designs comply with overall System Architecture
- Leads development of unit test plans, oversees unit testing, provides application leadership in systems integration and user acceptance testing
- Mentors associates in specific technologies, processes & tools; reviews work of others; participates in hiring process and gives recommendations to Management.
- Collaborates with resource managers, project managers, product developer and managers, system analysts, enterprise and application architects, developers, DBAs, system administrators to identify business opportunities and solve business problems
- Plans, oversees, and communicates project deliverables for assigned team
Why Portland, Maine? If you are looking for the best that New England has to offer, South Portland is the place to be. The area's offerings include a unique place to explore communities rich in New England history and culture, a quality of living that rivals any community in the country, excellent public and private schools Portland - a city of culinary accolades, theater, art galleries, antiques, sandy beaches, mountains and four beautiful seasons.
At Wright Express, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Bonus Plan
6 -10 years experience with Object and Service-Oriented design, development, customization and maintenance
Experience with Infrastructure design, including network, storage, and database design, middleware deployment design, and capacity planning
Experience with real-time, asynchronous, and batch integration technologies for internal and B2B communications
Experience with Solaris/Linux/UNIX and Windows NT/2000 development environments.
Experience with automated testing and deployment tools preferred
Experience with system and performance monitoring and profiling tools desired
Strong skills writing high-performance, efficient and maintainable software code.
Experience with the full software development lifecycle, including functional & technical specification, development (including object and component based design), UML, documentation, QA processes, source control, deployments, and maintenance.
Must have the ability to accurately estimate future and remaining work effort, and meet aggressive software build schedules.
Strong mentor, change agent, and team player
In depth knowledge and experience with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, project planning techniques, and project management principles, plus the ability to effectively communicate to staff and upper management.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Must complete a successful background check
Wright Express - 13 months ago