INNOVATE OR EVAPORATE.
What separates real world performers in today’s business landscape from the ghost world of half-remembered companies – companies founded on a single, inflexible technological idea that rose fast and flamed out? That’s right: continual, relentless innovation . Because staying power requires being so far ahead of the curve that no one else can see where you’re going. That’s how we’ve done it at Redbox. To the extent that Fortune has elevated us seven slots year over year, from #22 in 2011 to #15 in 2012 on its list of “Fastest Growing Companies.”
The ability to continually reinvent drives the engine of our business. To be a leader in the “DVD and video game-vending” industry is a bit of a misnomer and actually infinitely more complex – technology-wise – than surface appearances would suggest. To us, it’s simply not enough to have rented more than 2+ billion discs. To offer nearly 40,000 kiosks in over 29,000 locations throughout North America. To process 10,000+ credit transactions each day. This is why we are delving into entirely new segments of automated retail — like ticketing for live concerts — and building a unchallenged presence in our first country outside of the US: Canada.
Redbox is no ordinary company, because we hire no ordinary people. We require unquenchable curiosity and a solid tech base upon which to grow. Here, it’s about team and contribution, not packaging. With a vast array of projects that will press you even as you expand into whole new areas of proficiency. A lot will be expected, but if you’re “Redbox” through and through, what you’ll get out of a career here will be more – and make you more – than you thought possible.
So, what will it be? Cool things are happening. Get in on it.
Ø SENIOR ARCHITECT (REDBOX CANADA)
Reporting to our director of technology, your design and implementation input will be vital to the success of our venture into Canada. The key objective will be to balance fast-paced innovation while supporting a growing volume of daily transactions. The ideal fit is a senior architect with extensive experience in enterprise-level projects, as well as the vision and ambition to create new and better ways to succeed, thus ensuring the future viability and success of the venture. For an individual with the exceptional technical, communication, and collaborative skills to work toward consensus on various aspects of enterprise object design, this position is an excellent growth opportunity.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Qualified applicants will be:
- Be proactive (e.g., browse code, interview expert developers) in order to understand the existing implementation.
- Collaborate with internal development and product groups to work toward design consensus.
- Establish a shared understanding of the domain through contracts and surfacing of core enterprise objects and operations.
- Create multifaceted technical documentation and artifacts to provide architectural support for implementation and projects.
- Identify the need for and participate in the creation of common libraries through a combination of new development and harvesting existing functionality.
- Willing to learn and share knowledge.
- Consummate team players.
- Highly accountable for their own work.
- Flexible to adjust to rapidly evolving demands.
- Able to handle a diverse set of IT responsibilities.
- As polished in attitude as aptitude.
Education and experience:
- Ability to grasp, internalize, document, communicate, and build upon high-level architectural concepts.
- Excellent understanding of Web contracts (e.g., Web services, XSD, REST) and lifecycle.
- Experience working with large datasets and high-volume transactions.
- Expert-level understanding of WCF and .NET.
- Expert object-oriented design and development experience.
- Excellent understanding of design patterns and their applicability to various situations.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, and collaborate with the users and leadership (i.e., Directors and below) of various internal groups.
6+ years of .NET, and 3+ years of software architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience, including 8+ years of software development,
And here are the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Current hands-on development and mentoring experience.
- Deep understanding of WCF and .NET 4.0.
- Knowledge of security standards (e.g., WS-Fed, WS-Trust, and OAuth).
- Real-world experience with Microsoft Windows Azure and WCF preferred.
- Experience working with geographically distributed vendors preferred.
While we look for rare professionals to join our organization, we’re also prepared to reward them for all they bring to the table, including full 401(k) vesting from your first contribution, benefits that our employees love, and a progressive bonus structure. For consideration, please apply online @ www.redbox.com We believe diversity and inclusion create organizational strength: EOE M/F/D/V
- The ability to see the results of your work.
- Rapid and advanced degrees of knowledge and proficiency.
- Opportunities to work on diverse projects & to continually INNOVATE.
- The experience of a true Agile environment.
- Working for a relatively small and young, yet high-volume business.
- Hanging out with Spiderman on the 11 th floor.
Redbox - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...