Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 42,400 kiosks across over 34,600 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com Information about Coinstar can be found at www.coinstar.com .
The Redbox Instant by Verizon brings together two innovative companies known for creating brands that customers trust and products consumers want. With immediate DVD and Blu-ray rental through Redbox and instant broadband content from Verizon, we’ll be uniquely positioned to deliver the best of both worlds – physical and digital – to all consumers nationwide. We’ll make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the entertainment they want to see, using any providers’ mobile or home broadband service – anytime, anywhere.
Working at Redbox Instant by Verizon means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more “wow”. You’ll do this with the aid of world-class technologies and services at your disposal. By creating new choices for our customers, you’ll take entertainment to a new level.
Sr Business Intelligence Developer
Redbox Instant by Verizon is looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Developer who will be a senior member of the technology team and will be responsible for the successful delivery and implementation of the analytics platform to support world-class video streaming and entertainment solution.
This position reports to the Manager, Business Intelligence and is located at the Oakbrook Terrace, IL facility.
- Develop data mining, machine learning, and predictive modeling solutions for customer segmentation, churn prediction, product affinity, campaign optimization, and more. This work will move through requirements and design, and complete with QA and deployment.
- Work closely with the product team on requirements, design, product roadmap and product strategy.
- Knowledge of appropriate statistical techniques to apply and able to communicate methods used to test & learn from results.
- Apply a flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Extract patterns from a large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage.
- Work closely with other members of the technology team to enable successful integration of the analytics solutions with the platform.
- Work with wide variety of external partners in order to integrate data into company’s analytic platform.
- Deploy models and make them operational.
- Expert technical competency with statistical programming such as SAS (preferred) or R or Matlab
- Strong statistics and mathematical skills
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL, as well as NoSQL solutions
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Familiarity with scripting language such as Python, perl, shell, SAS
- Foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithm development and some techniques like: collaborative filtering, decision trees (and automatic tree generation), Bayesian methods, clustering techniques (principal components analysis, k-means, etc.), probabilistic graphical models, neural networks, and support vector machines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate statistical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience in the fields of online media, cloud service, and storage solutions; understanding of video encoding, delivery, and distribution technologies
- Experience contributing to a growing, high paced organization
- Experience working with geographically distributed development teams
- Experience performing vendor management functions in multi-vendor environment
- Experience working as part of Agile/Scrum team
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 years or related experience with 5 years of General Software Development experience, 3 years of BI/Analytic solutions development and 2 years of BI/Analytic architecture experience and a minimum of 1 year of Technical leadership experience
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
Redbox - 18 months ago