Position Code: 13-PD-129
Reports To: Manager, Assembly Group
Department: Software Development
- In collaboration with domain experts, design and develop high-performance algorithms and software for genome assembly.
- Software architecture, design and implementation with a focus on scale, performance and efficient implementation of domain algorithms.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Expertise in search/indexing algorithms and implementation, with focus on very large data sets, index design, and high-performance implementations.
- Expertise in graph algorithms, optimization, and statistical analysis.
- Strong algorithm and implementation skills. Prior experience with C/C++, network & distributed computing, framework/API design, data structures and file formats, and Linux/Unix environments.
- Bioinformatics, scientific computing or numerical processing experience, or a strong desire to learn basic genomics and other knowledge relevant to the role.
- Experience with sequence assembly or variant calling a plus.
- 7+ years of experience designing and developing software, including at least 2 years of industry (or equivalent) experience.
- Requires BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent (PhD a plus).
- Startup (industry) experience and good fit to culture of venture-backed startup company.
- Good collaboration & communication skills, ability to participate in interdisciplinary team
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...