***This position will be based on the Eisai campus in RTP, NC. See press release by viewing this link: http://www.biogenidec.com/PRESS_RELEASE_DETAILS.aspx?ID=5981&ReqId=1766489 (Note: you may need to copy and paste this url into your browser to view)***
• The incumbent performs scenario planning and capacity analyses for OSD facility that will maximize utilization of site while minimizing expense. S/He is the primary liason with Global Supply Chain planning to provide input to the LRP for OSD products and the development of the RTP OSD manufacturing schedule.
• The incumbent establishes program success rates and identifies process, equipment, and headcount bottlenecks with proposals for proactive capacity maximization. S/He recognizes issues which could impede program success and designs feasible contingency plans for resolution.
• The incumbent is responsible for performing data management, analytics, and trending of key operational data that support the long term vision of the OSD facility.
• The incumbent performs gap analyses on existing project management tools and defines user requirements considering audience and breadth of existing tools. S/He proposes new tools if applicable, prepares presentations, materials, and assessments of new tools/ platforms; develops business cases as applicable. S/He facilitates the use of project management processes throughout the OSD manufacturing organization and shares project management best practices.
• The incumbent creates and communicates site operational and performance metrics including ability to hit project start-up timelines and success rates. S/He is also responsible for developing warehouse space utilization and inventory control metrics.
• The incumbent develops and maintains a historical database of facility utilization/manufacturing products from facility-usage perspective, as well as long range models (cost, capacity, risk, supply sustainability, and workload utilization).
1. Performs scenario planning and capacity utilization analyses with input from OSD facility manufacturing, Technical Development, and Global Supply Chain.
2. Establishes central metrics reporting for entire site; Maintains and publishes site metrics and performance reports for RTP OSD facility, as well as Warehouse and Inventory Control metrics.
3. Collaborates with Manufacturing, Validation, Engineering, Quality to perform data management, process analytics, and trending of key operational data.
4. Performs gap analyses on existing project management tools, proposes new tools if applicable, and communicates best practices. Develops reliable templates for technical transfers, equipment modifications, commissioning, validation, documentation, and training efforts.
5. Collaborates with Production Planner to develop and maintain FTE forecasting/utilization model.
US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Biopharmaceutical Sciences (MFG)
• Has working knowledge of oral solid dosage manufacturing scheduling, planning, and inventory control
• Experienced in manufacturing capacity planning with advanced MS Excel and Project abilities
• Knowledgeable in utilizing systems to gather data, organize/interpret, and report for site and Executive leadership teams
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Abilities to manage complexity and manage multiple priorities
• Must be team-oriented (proactively builds healthy working relationships between their department and other groups)
• Has excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills
• Possesses basic oral solid dosage manufacturing process knowledge and analytical skills to troubleshoot conflicts
• Possesses a basic understanding of inventory control and associated applications (i.e., Oracle, Business Objects, etc.)
• Possesses general knowledge of other operational areas such as Manufacturing, QC/QA, Warehouse/Dispensary, Mfg Sciences and PO&T Procurement
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other related business/science/technical field; PMP certificate and/or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and/or training in a GMP regulated industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
See "Qualifications" section above
Biogen Idec - 19 months ago
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...