We have an exciting Business Analyst role in our Television Network team. We seek a dynamic candidate who will provide expertise and leadership on delivery of efficient and cutting edge business systems, which support core organizational functions and processes. This includes definition of requirements, analysis of data, and the implementation of new systems in this key business area. Will heavily interface with the business users and developers, along with architects and change management team.
This position will own solutions for the current business, while seeking to innovate for future televeision technology solutions.
- Conducts reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepares essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Participates in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Evaluates business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Develops test schedule, reviews test plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
- Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Uses standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow Modeling and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Worlflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis.
- Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate stages in a project.
- Provides detailed analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understands the functions provided by the current systems. Understands and accommodates the requirement constraints imposed by current systems.
- Works closely with developers to ensure requirements are understood, including alternate and exception flows. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provides UI mock-ups as needed. Leads design discussions and identifies design options. Balance business needs with implementation resources.
- Provides user documentation for system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
Documented experience with methodology and process related to Business Analysis.
- Minimum of 6 years of business analysis experience in designing enterprise technology solutions
- Minimum of 4 years media industry experience a must.
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships with the business users and then defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Innovative thinking and vision
- Solid understanding of technology
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
CBS Corporation - 12 months ago