This is a new position required to support the IBMS Upgrade/Advanced Rights Project for Showtime. The project consist of two phases: (1) upgrading the IBMS system to the latest supported version, and (2) licensing and implementing an Advanced Rights module. The IBMS system is the programming system used by Showtime to acquire, track rights, plan, schedule, air and generate amortization schedules and payment requests for Showtime’s broadcast content – it affects eight business units. Implementing the Advanced Rights phase will require an advanced technical Business Analyst to work with the business units, learn their business, understand their requirements and provide technical solutions to meet those requirements.
Job Description (Narrative Summary):
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for defining, analyzing and documenting, user requirements, procedures, problems and leading joint design efforts to offer a new solution or value proposition to customers, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated information systems. The Senior Business Analyst will also be responsible for defining the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes. In addition, will serve as a mentor, resource and guide other Business Analysts within the Network Services group.
- Solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Evaluates business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Conducts reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepares essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Participates in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Identifies customer requirements, develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
- Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Uncovers client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis
- Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
- Provides analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understands the functions provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
- Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provides UI mock-ups. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
- Provides user documentation for the system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
- Acts as a mentor and coach to Business Analysts.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of business analysis experience with previous supervision or project management experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Solid understanding of technology including web-enabled n-tier architectures based on Unix and Linux, Java, Oracle.
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to Business Analysis.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
- Very strong results with people, thought, leadership and communication skills.
- Strategic, Innovative thinking and vision
- Good Negotiator
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Solid understanding of technology
- Experience in the Media industry
- Experience with Pilat’s Integrated Broadcast Management System (IBMS) or other programming and scheduling software a plus
-Experience with IBM/Advanced Rights and Licensing
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
CBS Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard