Sr Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst is the sole analyst responsible for studying performance and operational data and delivering reports and recommendations for ecoATM, a high growth start-up organization at a critical expansion phase within the Outerwall family. ecoATM is the first and only company to create an automated self-serve kiosk system that uses patented, advanced machine vision, electronic diagnostics, and artificial intelligence to evaluate and buy-back used electronics directly from consumers for cash or store credit. The ecoATM network generates a broad range of data on transactions, locations, devices, demographics, pricing, etc. The Senior Business Analyst will use this data to develop reports and recommendations that drive strategic business decisions and improve operational performance and profitability. The position is based in San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley area).
ecoATM has set out to forever alter the wasteful lifecycle of consumer electronics by automating the inspection and buy-back of these devices directly from consumers. ecoATM’s revolutionary eCycling stations (reminiscent of an ATM machine) provides cash to consumers for their used electronics by simply placing it in the ecoATM for automated inspection and testing.
For more information, please visit our website at www.ecoatm.com
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct studies to analyze complex customer actions, prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action and present to various groups.
- Collaborate with senior management on variety of analyses related to product and business forecasting and other strategic and tactical analyses.
- Analyze ecoATM customer activity and behavior to identify patterns, draw conclusions, model scenarios and predict future activity.
- Mine pricing and other data from internet sites to draw insightful conclusions and make recommendations that increase traffic and profitability.
- Track, identify trends, and continuously improve quality throughout the organization.
- Recommend cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Optimize pricing based on competitive analysis and consumer behavior.
- Establish databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Prepare studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
Qualifications & Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field with MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of business, strategy, or financial analyst experience.
- Experience with consumer products, retail, or entertainment/media is a plus.
- Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills when solving problems.
- Able to synthesize complex and diverse data in order to draw logical conclusions.
- Collaborative working style when partnering with customers and team members.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong SQL database skills.
- Ability to influence decision-making processes without having specific authority.
- Highly motivated to solve challenging business problems having a direct impact on bottom line.
- Independent thinker with ability to move a project forward, draw key insights, and plan next steps.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and adept at learning new software tools.
ecoATM, Redbox®, Coinstar® and the new Rubi® coffee kiosk are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like ecoATM, Coinstar, Redbox and Rubi!
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...