Job ID: 0604-13264
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
Schwab’s Business Intelligence (SBI) group collaborates with internal clients to provide reliable and timely data that enables business units to make informed business decisions. The team also plays a key role in data stewardship and information management at Schwab.
Brief Description of Role:
Brief Description of Role:
Schwab BI is looking for a senior-level, highly-motivated, self-driven individual well-versed in technical report development and business analysis. This role will be focused on providing reporting solutions for Corporate Brokerage Services, a diverse group who provides various broker-dealer services to businesses.
As a Senior Reporting Analyst with broad business impact, you will work directly with business partners throughout the organization and across the firm to define requirements, then design and implement appropriate solutions. Solutions will range from data support for analytical exercises to data-centric applications using Teradata, and Business Objects Web Intelligence.
Day-to-day duties include:
• Design, develop and test automated reporting solutions using various reporting tools and database platforms
• Act as project lead for medium to large projects, direct and coordinate project staff and activities
• Translate business requirements into technical criteria and translate technical criteria into business jargon
• Create and maintain reporting documentation
• Act as a thought partner with business users
• Collaborate with colleagues within SBI as well as other technical groups across the Firm in the design and implementation of solutions to meet project goals.
• 5+ years full-time development experience using Teradata and/or Oracle; data discovery; and advanced SQL.
• 5+ years experience in automated reporting presentation, architecture, and design.
• Comfortable with successfully delivering complex solutions in tight timeframes that hit the mark on the initial delivery.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively in business terms with business partners up to the VP level.
• Effective self-management skills, in particular the ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Experience with Crystal Reports and Business Objects WebIntelligence and Universe Designer.
• Knowledge of the brokerage business, financial services, and/or Schwab a plus.
• Experience with small to medium project management including developing estimates, schedules, requirements documentation, and test plans.
• Experience in testing new data and reports for consistency, accuracy, and fit-for-purpose.
• A fundamental knowledge of data modeling and/or datamart design preferred but would not be a primary role in this position.
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...