Senior Business Systems Analyst
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst performs functions on highly complex projects and provides guidance to a team of Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) on cross-functional projects. He/She serves as a liaison between the business community and Information Services (I.S.). This position elicits and analyzes business needs for highly complex projects, determines the impact and integration of solutions to business processes and systems, and validates that solutions fit within the long-term strategic vision. He/She ensures that BSA work products conform to quality and content standards, and stays current on industry best practices, standards, trends, tools and techniques. He/She collaborates with organizational stakeholders and senior management to establish and implement processes that enhance efficiency, and improve work products for the enterprise.
Implements and Applies Business Systems Analysis Processes
Elicits and Analyzes Complex Business Needs
- Creates and validates project work plans to ensure accuracy, effectiveness, thoroughness, and consistency.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and performs functions for urgent, high visibility, high profile, and strategic projects to ensure accuracy and completeness while meeting challenging deadlines.
- Reviews other BSA work products to ensure completeness, accuracy, and adherence to quality and work product standards and best practices.
- Mentors and develops BSAs to improve domain and business analysis process knowledge and skill sets to enhance performance capabilities, broaden the knowledge base, and increase competencies.
- Conducts root cause analysis of requirements defects, identifies key and recurring problems, and provides solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Develops and contributes to enterprise process standards to continuously improve quality, and to ensure consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Elicits and analyzes business problems and opportunities to drive optimal, cost-effective business solutions.
- Applies appropriate level of details, based on the audience and stage of project life cycles, to ensure mapped solutions satisfy business problems and opportunities.
- Develops and manages business and functional requirements and corresponding work products for highly complex and cross-functional projects to ensure stakeholder' understanding and traceability.
- Identifies, addresses, negotiates, records, reports, manages, and escalates action items, risks, issues and change requests associated to the project and to the team.
- Participates in reviews of architecture, design, and quality assurance work products to identify conflicts and ensure consistent implementation of business and functional requirements.
- Develops and delivers summarized findings of problems to management to recommend proposed actions.
Business Process Modeling
Microsoft Office -- Advanced
UPS Business Analysis Competency Training (BA101 and BA 201) for internal UPS candidates
Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
Structured System Analysis
HP Quality Center
The desired Senior Business Systems Analyst will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...