• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business required
• Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare, or Licensed credentials such as CPA, CMA preferred
• Ten or more years of prior experience in providing financial management services in a healthcare setting environment is required.
• Demonstrated track record in a front-line service-oriented position, involving extensive customer contact and relationship building.
• Broad knowledge of financial polices and regulations governing hospitals and physician practices preferred.
• Ability, especially under pressure, to be professional, courteous, and tactful in dealing with all staff levels in the organization and external contacts.
• Ability to establish clear priorities and multi-task in a high-volume setting responsive to externally generated deadlines.
• Outstanding people management skills.
• Ability to work with minimum direction and guidance within a service-team environment.
• Exceptional ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, environment.
• Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel, Lawson, Business Objects, EPIC, and Financial Decision Support products.
• Exceptional financial management expertise in budget creation, monitor and control.
• Strong skills in distilling complex financial data so it is understandable to the lay audience
• Analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
• Experience with Labor Productivity concepts preferrred
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong customer-service skills with ability to find and implement creative, compliant solutions to satisfy customer needs
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
Manages the finances, including budget processes, of operational areas/business units of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Communicates accurate and timely financial data to department heads, directors, vice presidents, and Finance teams.
Provides proactive financial advice and planning.
Maintains a strong customer-service oriented environment while providing key financial information to the finance and management teams.
Implements standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with corporate finance policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
Trains business unit staff and other stakeholders and provides knowledge transfer back to corporate finance.
Aids in achieving the lowest cost of service in line with the highest level of quality services provided in assigned business units.
Experience with Labor Productivity and Financial Decision Support Systems, including budget and costing and PLM modules, Hospital and Practice billing systems
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 16 months ago