This position is accountable for preparing and maintaining center, site, lease and development plans using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map3D by plotting the correct square footage, building size, locations, surveys and leasing information for all interested parties within SPG. This position also develops and maintains special plans for proposed site-specific additions and/or deletions.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Prepares drawings of site and lease plans from instructions or guidelines in order to provide all parties involved with information on the configuration of buildings, base plan for construction of new centers and expansions and other pertinent information. Researches information not given for completion of related projects.
• Applicants should have a general knowledge of site and leasing layouts, as well as a basic understanding of construction documentation (i.e. “blueprints”).
• Calculates and integrates into final drawings the various dimensions for site and lease plans from information provided by various sources.
o Verifies and/or calculates square footage of tenant spaces throughout entire project.
o Calculates parking ratios and acreage and verifies field dimensions and surveys.
• Prepares color plots and PDFs, using M-Color from Motive Systems, for internal and outside vendor presentations.
• Records and maintains status of current and archived projects in the CAD system database; Catalogues data as necessary.
• A primary challenge of this position is insuring the accurate and timely completion of drawings while maintaining all standard aspects of the SPG CAD system.
• The incumbent would be challenged with helping to implement more Map and GIS related tools to further automate the tracking of square footage and presenting database information from a plan front end.
• Associates degree is required in Architecture, Engineering or related field, a Bachelors degree is preferred.
• Experience using AutoCAD Map3D in ways associated with closed boundaries (e.g. tax parcels, lease lines, etc.) as opposed to cartography and topography type of work.
• Experience with the setup of object data and Feature Data Objects (FDO) connections to databases.
• Good knowledge of Coordinate Systems.
• Familiar with web presentation techniques.
• Work with GIS apps and spatial data file format (SDF).
• Work defining Map Feature Classifications.
• Experience with AIMS (formerly MapGuide) – server side setup and defining the data structure is a plus.
• Industry experience must provide evidence of necessary competency level.
• Effective communication skills are required. - both written and verbal.
• An extreme interest in solving problems and challenges that arise in a graphics and computing environment
• A shown interest and background in finding multiple paths to resolve graphics and computing challenges.
• A history of problem solving relating to the computing environment involving Windows, CAD (especially Mapping/GIS), corporate networking, printing/plotting, Adobe (PDF) and MSOffice.
• Knowledge of various PC peripheral devices such as digital cameras, flash drives, scanners, etc. and experience with their setup and use.
Simon Property Group - 2 years ago
Simon says: "Shop!" And millions do. Simon Property Group is the largest shopping mall and retail center owner in the US, with a...