Senior Capital Asset Program Manager
The Capital Asset Program Manager is responsible for the planning & execution of the capital budgeting, authorization, installation, and inventory for capital assets that are acquired under the budget of the CTO office (CTOO). The program manager leads the functional and operational groups within the CTOO through the required capital asset business processes, working with Finance, Facilities, Technology Development, Collaboration Partners, and Fab Operations as appropriate to these processes.
· Prepare consolidated annual capital request, authorization, and depreciation budget for CTOO based on the consolidation of cost center / functional group inputs and their leaders for specific capital projects.
· Prepare investment proposals for CTOO budgeted capital based on technical and business inputs from cost center/ functional group leads.
· Socialize and align capital investment proposals with Finance, Procurement, Facilities, Technology Development, Collaboration Partners, and Fab Operations to identify and address equipment selection choices and cost reduction opportunities
· Schedule & facilitate required committee and sub-committee reviews as required by the capital equipment approval processes.
· Work with capital project managers to forecast and track the asset purchasing, installation, and capitalization processes and associated financial transaction & implications.
· Report on a regular basis to CTOO and Finance on the financial status of CTOO capital projects.
· BS in finance, accounting, or engineering.
· Experience managing capital assets with individual acquisition costs greater than $500,000 and proven success dealing with third party capital enablement.
· Business process and program management experience.
· Experience developing proposals to put forth to sr. leadership and executives for approval.
· Teamwork: Ability to integrate into a world-class technical team in multiple locations, driving for results working with others, accepting ownership and accountability in a team environment.
· Communication and Collaboration: Skilled at communicating complex financial information concisely in English, both orally and in written form, skilled presenter. Candidate must be accessible and approachable, respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality.
· Comfort level of working in a global business environment
· Ability to work flexible hours for participating in multi-continent teleconferences.
· Minimum of 8 years experience in capital equipment oriented finance or operations
· Comfortable dealing w/ambiguity and experience improving effectiveness of existing business processes.
· Possesses an understanding of the life cycle of business process and the relationship to mfg.
· Proven skills in executing to demanding time schedules and meeting deadlines, working in a highly matrixes environment
· Ability to influence for results
· Demonstrated ability to build strong, working relationships outside the organization with external partners.
· Fully proficient using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), ERP solutions (Oracle preferred)
· The ideal candidate will have experience in semiconductor technology and related manufacturing and R&D asset types and life cycle and has held a role managing R&D capital with an understanding of the relationship to manufacturing; willing to consider similar industries in which new generation of capital equipment are required to perform R&D on next-generation products & technologies.
· Facility with asset management practices, business plans, investment proposals, and ROI analysis.
· Basic knowledge of the semiconductor foundry business.
· MBA or advanced technical degree
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 16 months ago