ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write dossier types for new diversification dossiers:
Conduct a literature search using internal (QIS, MP-Net, Milor, etc) and external web resources (PCPC, pharmacopeia, etc) to define the raw material and key parameters that are important to describe the raw material (GC profile, IR spectrum, physico-organoleptic specifications, impurities, and other specific analytical parameters to the raw materials).
Identify the test methods to be used to measure the analytical parameters, using existing L'Oreal resources. Adjust the test methods or develop new test methods when no existing methods apply.
Validate the acceptable ranges of some key parameters by conducting raw material analyses on several lots.
Keep records of the data in a specific format (Dossier Type Operational), so that they can be easily shared with the QIMP offices worldwide.
- Support the analytical technician working on the raw material analysis by bringing knowledge and guidance as well as conducting the analytical tests when the work volume increases.
- BS in Chemistry with 5+ years experience in the field of Analytical Chemistry.
- Strong knowledge of wet chemistry (pH, potentiometry, moisture, concentration, etc) and instrumental chemistry (High Pressure Thin Layer Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Infrared Spectroscopy, UV-VIS Spectroscopy). All these skills will be applied on the job.
- The successful candidate will a self-starter and must be able to "hit the ground running" and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Team player and a positive "can-do" attitude are essential. Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) are a must.
- Knowledge of French is a plus. The senior chemist must be willing to spend several consecutive weeks in France for training.
- Must be computer literate.
- Long Term Authorization to work in the U.S a must.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the USA on an ongoing permanent basis without requiring any assistance.