Life-changers work here
CareFusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customers' ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
Meet one of our Life-changers. http://www.youtube.com/carefusion
What Business Development - Med Systems contributes to CareFusion
Business Development-Med Systems is responsible for driving sales and services to acute care hospitals and IDN’s. Builds and maintains relationships with key decision makers that lead to future business opportunities. Involved in the sale of Alaris infusion hardware and software systems, networks & interfaces. Expands existing accounts by selling new product offerings and/or extending relationships into new areas within an account. Buying process is a complex and cross-functional sale with executive sponsorship and board of director approval. Sales cycle is typically 6 - 24 months and call point reaches senior level decision makers.
What is expected of you for success in your role
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for success
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of CareFusion, Infusion industry, and Alaris Products including: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation;
- Demonstrates advance knowledge of how CareFusion offerings match with customers' unique business needs.
- Serves as a leader in maintaining balance in all areas of the sales cycle including account discovery, pipeline development, and executing new business; ensuring consistent and sustainable results
- Creates and executes opportunity plans
- Consistently utilizes all resources available within own business unit and involves other CareFusion business units in consistently executing the sales process
Accountabilities in this role
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with CareFusion
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
- Primary call point for acute care hospitals and IDNs who are considering purchasing, or are currently using, Alaris IV medication delivery and infusion therapy devices and related monitoring equipment.
- The portfolio includes our state-of-the art Alaris System, the proprietary Guardrails suite of safety software, our network server, integration to 3rd party HIT systems, consulting, clinical training and technical support
- Works autonomously while maintaining strong relationships with members of the sales team including director, professional services, and support teams
- Territory includes MN, Eastern SD, Eastern ND with location preference in greater Minneapolis / St Paul
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years healthcare sales experience
- Capital experience is preferred
- Proven success in a direct sales capacity is a must
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license