Ascena Retail Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly owned subsidiary brands:
dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, and Catherines! The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goalWe make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best! At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
What you'll do:
The Sr Compensation Analyst assists in driving the compensation programs through market pricing analysis, merit administration, salary survey participation and maintenance of compensation programs. This position is responsible for data integrity through regular audits, reporting and analysis. This position administers the Compensation programs corporate wide under the direction of the Compensation leadership team.
- Analyze and evaluate new jobs and make recommendations on grade, incentive and FLSA status based on conversations with HR Business Partner and the hiring manager.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions in standardized form. Maintain job code table and process.
- Assist HR Business Partners, managers and associates with writing effective, line of sight job descriptions.
- Conduct organizational studies including levels within job families, structure of jobs, and development of standard jobs.
- Apply knowledge of exemption tests to identify possible FLSA violations and make status determination recommendations based on results.
- Conduct annual market pricing for all jobs from updated surveys and job content.
- Provide consulting services to management and HR partners on compensation issues and concerns.
- Administer merit increase process for home office, DC and field associates.
- Recommend merit matrix based on market data and business financials.
- Develop process improvements to streamline forms, reports and statements.
- Partner with HR partners to hit merit budgets, cost dollar impact to company.
- Participate in annual salary surveys.
- Determine premium surveys for market pricing data based on amount of job matches, participants, depth of analysis, data validity, sources and methods used.
- Create survey participation package based on data needs and budget guidelines.
- Process and audit all severance agreements and payments.
- Run monthly, quarterly and annual headcount and bonus accruals for Finance.
- Run reporting on minimum wage compliance, monthly pay increases, merit data.
- Oversee and run weekly and daily audit reporting.
- Own audit processes and reporting as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree Some or all Compensation Certification completed toward CCP.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Compensation Analyst/HR generalist.
- Must have good math & statistical knowledge to conduct technical analysis and be able to explain analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office software, specifically, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Must have solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills and abilities to conduct compensation studies and analysis.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with HR Partners, managers and associates.
- Must have ability to present information with confidence to HR Partners.
Ascena Retail Group, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Headquartered in Suffern, NY, Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA) is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and...