At Mattel, our vision is 'Creating the Future of Play'. We strive for this vision primarily through our employees ' who are creative and energetic and who thrive on innovation and passion for our business. Mattel is committed to supporting and developing employees and their career goals with a host of meaningful advantages and opportunities, including development through our global Leadership Development Center, tuition reimbursement, on-site childcare, and a fitness and recreation center.
Mattel is seeking an energetic, detail oriented, analytical, self-starting Sr Compensation Analyst at its Corporate Headquarters in El Segundo CA. This position will report to the Director of Compensation and be responsible to help to achieve Mattel's Compensation Mission and Reward Strategy for several dynamic and creative client groups as well as assisting in the administration of programs on global basis.
Responsibilities will include
A successful candidate must have:
- Lead and participate in the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs and tools to ensure Mattel's ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop our employees; offer competitive pay opportunities; support our pay for performance philosophy and instill our Mattel Values and recognition culture.
- Serve as a compensation consultant to HR management and line management.
- Research best practices; develop proactive approaches to identify compensation challenges within customer groups and develop solutions.
- Review promotion and adjustment requests for assigned client groups and develop recommendations based on internal equity, practices and current market trends.
- Evaluate current and proposed salary structures and develop recommendations to ensure the achievement of Mattel's Compensation Philosophy.
- Partner with peers to recommend reputable surveys and benchmarks to ensure Mattel's competitive market position.
- Participate as a member of the Job Evaluation Committee to help ensure jobs are properly leveled on a global basis.
- Complete special projects and studies as assigned which may include the redesign of existing compensation programs, the development of new programs and the completion of ad-hoc analysis that outline specific observations and recommendations.
- Assist with the creation of training materials and communications on compensation programs and processes for HR and line management.
- Provide guidance to HR and line management on the creation job family and function matrixes that provide broad overviews of differing roles and responsibilities that exist for each job level. Experience - External: Key characteristics needed:
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees, including executives, and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proven experience managing clients and managing projects.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to change.
- Excellent communications skills, both interpersonal and writing.
- Strong abilities to work well in a team environment (cooperative and collaborative behavior).
a successful candidate will likely have:
- a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree
- at least 3 - 5 years of corporate compensation administration experience preferably in a large global organization.
- a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and PeopleSoft.
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco R/C®, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Thomas & Friends®, Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2012, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the fifth year in a row. Mattel also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" and the "World's Most Ethical Companies." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs nearly 28,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are "Creating the Future of Play." Follow Mattel on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattel
- experience with point-factor job evaluation system (Hay Guide Chart) and CCP designation.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
WorldatWork - 18 months ago
Barbie is the platinum blonde in power at Mattel, the #1 toy maker in the world. Its products include Barbie and Polly Pocket dolls,...