Introduction to SunGard AS/CS :
SunGard Availability Services (SunGard AS) Consulting provides technology services to help our customers remain available, adaptable and operationally excellent. We do this by advising and supporting our customers in the management of risk for their mission critical processes, systems, and people. Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, SunGard is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting, business continuity risk management services as well as business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep people, process and information connected. Within SunGard AS, the Consulting Services division is migrating to a partner based consulting model. Our goal is to drive more strategic value to our customers through deeper relationships with broader risk based service offerings.
SunGard AS is an operational unit of SunGard. With annual revenue of more than $5 billion, SunGard is a global leader in software and processing solutions for the financial services, higher education, energy trading and public sector. SunGard serves more than 25,000 customers in more than 50 countries, including the world’s 50 largest financial services organizations. SunGard’s combination of industry leading consulting services and software solutions provide distinct advantages to customers that are not available from our competition and limitless career opportunities for our over 25,000 team members around the world.
In this role you will be a Senior Consultant within the Consulting Services business unit of SunGard Availability Services. You will primarily be responsible for project delivery, business development, and thought leadership within the Technology Architecture service line. The Service Line “Horizontals” will work closely with the Industry Sectors “Verticals”. The Industry Verticals will provide the industry depth and knowledge. Your role is to develop and grow the Technology Architecture Practice through delivering Enterprise Architecture and Cloud Computing Solutions across the Industry Sectors “Verticals”.
o Manage personal work load and mentor others
- Attaining Billable Utilization (95%) goals
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to clients and staff
- Junior Subject Matter Expert (technical or business analyst) within a Service Line
- Understanding of Service Line delivery methodologies and have the ability to speak to client personnel about them
- Assist in the execution and delivery of consulting projects
o Provide input to the project manager when he/she is developing the project plan
o Be able build out solution offering deliverables from loosely defined specifications
o Be able to review and provide feedback on functional and technical documents/deliverables created by other team members
o Be able to create requirements documents, design documents, test plans/cases, etc.
- Building and managing relationships with client for the projects you are working on
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical) at an accredited university or equivalent work history
- 5 years of experience in a consulting firm organization
- Possess a strong track record managing small teams
- Demonstrate ability to develop a client relationship within your current project
- Possess a strong track record in delivering Enterprise Architecture and Cloud computing solutions
- Demonstrate leadership skills, particularly with highly diverse teams
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Virtualization Design
- Must have strong proven skills in one or more of the Cloud Consulting Services
- Virtual Infrastructure Design and Implementation
- Virtual Desktop Strategy and Design
- Virtualization Performance Optimization
- Virtual and Cloud Infrastructure Operations
- Cloud Roadmap and Technology Selection
- Cloud Design and Architecture
- Cloud Migration Planning
- Cloud Security
Sungard AS - 8 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...