Candidate will participate in SDLC and be responsible for delivering applications into production and any needed post-delivery support. Applications are built primarily using standard and advanced Java technologies (Core Java and J2EE).
Basic responsibilities include the following.
• Consults at the highest technical level with clients and IT management and staffs enterprise-wide on design, planning, integration, implementation, scalability, problem definition and resolution of engineering issues involving the interrelated demands of hardware, software, telecommunications, security and control. Also consults on tactical topics such as system interfaces, integration of e-commerce with core business systems, systems availability and response targets, customer service and support.
• Defines and resolves problems related to widely different platforms, hardware, software, coding structures, communication protocols. Works with vendors and interested parties to resolve system/application issues.
• Recommends scalable, advanced technologies and methods to meet strategic goals and business demands.
• Consults with staff responsible for determining hardware requirements and communication bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes and response time and system availability targets.
• Keeps abreast of new technological developments. Conducts evaluations of new products and vendor proposals.
• Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff and act in lead role as necessary
• 10+ years of hands on experience with core Java (multi-threading, concurrency, etc.)
• 8+ years of hands on experience with J2EE.
• 2+ years of experience with consuming streaming market rates.
• 2+ years of hands on experience with developing low-latency applications in a magnitude of sub 10 milliseconds.
• Familiar with various design patterns.
• Strong knowledge with messaging, including but not limited to JMS, asyncrhous processing, etc.
• Hands on experience with web services, including but not limited to Axis, CXF, etc.
• Hands on experience with distributed cache programming, including but not limited to Oracle Coherence, Eh Cache, etc.
• 4+ years of hands on experience with Spring and Hibernate.
• Experience with J2EE container, including but not limited to WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.
• 2+ years of hands on experience with JMX.
• Comfortable writing SQL script.
• Comfortable writing Linux shell script.
• Experience with JVM performance and GC tuning.
• Familiar with build/deployment frameworks, including but not limited to Maven, Ant, etc.
• Familiar with unit testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, etc.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Needs to communicate with business partners, technology partners, QA, and other groups within the organization.
• Must be a quick learner, able to work independently and a strong team player, and manage time effectively.
• Previous ownership of an application including responsibility for development, maintenance, and ongoing support
(Desired criteria that may help refine the selection process)
• Familiar with socket programming and network topologies (i.e. TCP, UDP, unicast, multicast, etc.)
• Hands on experience with Adobe Flex programming.
• Experience with Reuters API.