This software development engineer will work on cross-functional project teams to design, implement, test and release digital signal processing algorithms for professional audio equipment. This engineer will be responsible for the overall audio quality of the product, which includes conducting thorough listening test evaluations. A general interest and experience working with audio electronics is a plus.
Representative Duties :
- Design, simulate, develop and test real time audio signal processing algorithms for fixed- and floating- point DSPs and associated components ( ADCs, DACs) in a PC environment
- Participate in the selection of hardware components such as DSPs, ADCs, DACs, memory, etc.
- Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies
- Simulate designs using Matlab and other prototyping tools; conduct listening validation tests
- Estimate, organize, and document tasks
- Review the design and code developed by peer engineers
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Communicate technical topics both verbally and in written form
- Manage time efficiently to support project teams
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering with an emphasis in Digital Signal Processing.
- Minimum 4 years experience with C, C++, and DSP assembly language ( preferably ADI or TI) software development.
- Minimum 4 years experience with software development tools such as Integrated Development Environments, compilers/linkers, and debugging tools ( emulator, profiler, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience modeling DSP algorithms using Matlab/Simulink.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience designing audio processing devices.
- Minimum 2 years experience with any combination of these DSP processor architectures: TI C55xx, TI C67xx, ADI 21xxx, Motorola 56xxx.
- Understanding of both floating point and fixed point DSP development.
- Demonstrated competency with test and measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, audio analyzers, and digital multi-meters.
- Familiarity with standard software development processes and tools, such as Requirements Management ( Caliber preferred), Modeling ( Rational Rose preferred), Version control ( Starteam preferred)
- Familiarity with audio industry standards and organizations ( AES, ITU, IEEE, etc.).
- Experience in studio recording, live sound reinforcement, and/or live performance is desirable.
Shure - 2 years ago