The Sr. Data Scientist is responsible for mining big data and turning that data into actionable intelligence for MarkMonitor customers, sales and services. This role will be responsible for analyzing petabytes of data and building statistical models from multiple data sources in order to provide advanced analytics and reporting. The Sr. Data Analyst will be a thinker, ask the right business questions and bridge the gap between data, analytics and business intelligence. We are looking for a leader who has advanced analytics, statistical and SQL skills to support our business. The efforts of the Sr. Data Scientist will help brand owners fight serious online problems including web traffic diversion, counterfeiting, piracy and brand defamation.
- Work with petabytes of structured and unstructured data sets;
- Work closely with product management, product development, quality assurance, sales and professional services teams throughout the organization;
- Develop, enhance and support end user reporting;
- Lead analytics projects to support the strategic product direction, sales and customer efforts;
- Perform hypothesis testing and develop predictive model;
- Evaluate and provide input on potential business intelligence solutions.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a resume and letter of introduction indicating wage requirements to
We regret that we are unable to respond to individual phone calls. No unsolicited agency resumes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering or other quantitative field;
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on data analytics experience in a corporate environment;
- Comfortable working with large, complex data sets from varying sources;
- Ability to apply statistical principles to data analytics;
- Thorough understanding of relational database design;
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a multiple projects simultaneously;
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Highly proficiency in SQL. All candidates will be tested on their SQL skills;
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS a plus.
MarkMonitor is an equal opportunity employer.
Department: Product Management
Location: San Francisco
No outside recruiters or agencies please