Come shape the strategic vision at YP.com. YP Holdings ("YP") is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. YP.com generated approximately $3.3B in revenue in 2011, and there is a controlling interest in YP by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Database Engineer in our Glendale, CA, office. Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace.
This position will be responsible for all of the database ETL jobs, managing stored procedures, DMLs, DDLs, data transfer between multiple elements for Ad Platform solutions including Email, Ad Reporting, ASCP and Telephony Services.
- Work as a senior level project team member for application development projects, responsible for developing database solutions for new features.
- Develop project-level database ER designs to support application engineer data needs.
- Document database processes and best practices.
- Build complex database integration and data feed processes for both OLTP and OLAP database systems.
- Write stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers and other database code objects as needed
- Optimize all database objects and code to ensure best possible performance within department standards
- Maintain existing database code library.
- Work closely with .Net application engineers to ensure their requirements for data are met.
- Act as key contributor to planning long term database architecture for primarily OLTP systems.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited 4-year university
- 5-10 years' experience with SQL Server designing database and writing SQL code Required
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008, TSQL, and SSIS
- Experience with high transaction or very large databases in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience working as a database engineer or database administrator with database design/coding responsibilities
- Experience with data design concepts, with the ability to turn requirements into data designs incorporating features that support data integrity as well as outstanding performance in a high-volume environment
- Ability to understand application code techniques (VB, C#, .Net) in order to write database code that delivers data properly to the application
- Experience with data modeling tools such as ERWIN or ER/Studio Ability to work closely with other application engineers and translate data requirements into database design and code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to create process and flow diagrams to support design work.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
- Programming experience with C#, VB, C++, .Net
- DBA operations experience
- Oracle and/or MySQL database experience
YP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Yellow Pages - 20 months ago
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...