has an immediate need for a Sr. Design Engineer for our Integrated Systems department in our Mason, OH office. A minimum of eight (8) years' experience working in the Material Handling industry is required, including experience evaluating warehouse space, layout, equipment, and a thorough understanding of operational processes. Also required is in-depth knowledge of material advanced handling system solutions, including conveyor application, shuttles, ASRS, AGV's, automated storage system along with warehouse management software. In this role, you will be tasked with developing integrated material handling solutions that increase the overall efficiency and operational performance of past customers. This position involves analyzing customer business data, summarizing the key design criteria, concepting and estimating, and presenting complete integrated material handling system solutions.
- Supports pre-sale activities and visits client sites to review and thoroughly understand customer's operations
- Executes the collection, analyzing and summarizing of data needed to understand design-critical customer requirements
- Performs analysis of customer business data and operating requirements; develops concepts and recommends solutions to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Produces a Design Criteria Report, or summary of customer business data that professionally summarizes the customer's business and operating requirements
- Develops a wide range of concepts that support our customer's business requirements. Concepts may range from manual to fully automated system solutions
- Evaluates concepts and recommends the best solution. Skilled in evaluation techniques including simple pro-con, quantitative-qualitative comparisons, and more sophisticated Return on Investment (ROI) calculations
- Estimates schedules, type and quantity of resources required to successfully implement complex projects; develops project plans incorporating all project variables
- Uses written descriptions, spreadsheets, charts, drawings, sketches, and material flow diagrams to define project requirements and present recommended solutions
- Conducts or oversees the development of proposal documents
- Stays abreast of current/future operating strategies and technologies by attending training events, industry conferences, seminars, etc.
- Works on multiple projects, at times with other Application/Concept Engineers
- Attends customer presentation meetings and actively takes part in the presentation, explanation, and discussion of our concepts and solutions
- Eight (8) years "Highly Automated System" experience
- Five (5) years engineering management experience and project management experience on integrated systems projects
- Advanced knowledge of principles and methods for showing, and promoting products or services.
- Demonstrated proficiency with contracts and specification development, high level system architecture design and project management.
- Experience with integrated systems and custom software solutions for material handling.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with contracts, specifications, system architecture and project management.
- Ability to create and maintain strong customer relationships
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Intelligrated ( www.intelligrated.com ) is a leading North American-based, single-point provider of automated material handling solutions with operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Intelligrated designs, manufactures and installs complete material handling automation solutions, including conveyor systems, IntelliSort® sortation systems, Alvey® palletizers and robotics, Real Time Solutions® order fulfillment systems, warehouse control software and advanced machine controls—all supported by 24X7 Customer Service and Support.
Through its New York-based subsidiary company, Knighted® ( www.knightedcs.com ), Intelligrated offers web-enabled logistics software for today’s supply chain operations including warehouse management software (WMS), warehouse control software (WCS) and labor management software (LMS).
Serving the warehousing, distribution, consumer product manufacturing, postal and parcel markets, Intelligrated collaborates closely with its clients to develop productivity solutions and support their needs throughout the life of their material handling systems.