The Sr Design develops and executes creative programs for marketing and advertising content and assets, including but not limited to: kiosk and online merchandising; retail, online and email marketing; and presentations. Manages all phases of the creative process to produce high-quality, strategically grounded creative. Maintains and evolves brand guidelines that govern the creative elements for both marketing and product.
The Sr Design aligns with the shared vision of the Director of Creative Services and manages a team of external designers. The Design Manager reports to the Director of Creative Services (DCS) and works collaboratively with the Marketing and Product teams to facilitate a productive relationship and flow of ideas.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute creative programs and promotional content for the Redbox kiosk, UI, Lightbox and any external or internal advertising or promotional tactics.
- Participate and lead brainstorming session to expand our thinking.
- Design and illustrate ground breaking creative work that is strategically sound and meets programs objectives. Must have a strong use of typography and color pallettes.
- Collaborate with the Director of Creative Services to maintain and evolve creative standards and stylistic guidelines for the brand DNA that are consistent with our style guide.
- Mentor design talent, both internally and externally.
- Make decisions regarding creative programs when Director of Creative Services is unavailable
- Keep design explorations focused and strategic.
- Meet and exceed deadline expectations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and outside contractors.
- Stay current on trends in graphic design, both in print and electronically
- Develop an “inspiration station” of brand-centric creative work.
- Be open and curious in embracing new technologies and design trends.
- Source and identify new production process and materials to push creative while increasing cost-effective solutions.
- Raise the bar through exceptional creative as well as improved processes and planning.
Qualifications & Experience :
- Minimum 10 years of experience in advertising or design agency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in visual communications, arts or marketing.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- High ability to bring vision to life.
- Strong coordination skills, balancing the needs of many constituents and working within budgets and timelines.
- Experience with multi-channel retail (either on the client or agency side), trade marketing development, and execution of promotions and advertising.
- Must be fluent in digital and wireless technology channels.
- Strong design background with familiarity in a varying design applications such as Flash, Adobe Suite Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) PowerPoint, and 3-D rendering applications.
Redbox®, Coinstar® and the new Rubi® coffee kiosk are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox or Rubi.
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...